So far, the “shortcut” virus infection in thumb drive is the most famous problem I had faced in my workplace. When this virus infect your thumb drive, it will hide your files and then create the shortcut icons that represent the files being hide. Look the picture below to ease your understanding about what I am talking about
- First of all, you must update an antivirus program in your computer until it get the latest definition update’s files.
- Next, impale your thumb drive into your computer’s USB port –-> scan it using the updated antivirus program –-> delete any infected files detected by the program
- Double click your thumb drive’s icon to open its contents –-> delete all shortcut icons that represent the files being hide.
In order to ease you to delete the icons, you can sort the contents of your thumb drive based on group. Look the picture below
- Press to open the Run dialog box --> type cmd –-> click OK to open Windows command-line interface.
- On Windows command-line interface type the command below to unhide the hidden files:
<USB thumb drive letter> Drive g: for example. No need to put a backslash after double colon (:). Check your USB thumb drive letter in My Computer.
- Press --> wait untill you see the default directory of your cmd program.
- Now, double click to open your thumb drive’s in My Computer –-> delete the files produced by shortcut virus.