Today I will present the way to make your USB thumb drive become the bootable Windows Vista installer. This procedure may vary from previous articles but the purpose is remain the same.
The idea behind the procedure is to convert the contents of Windows Vista DVD to ISO image. Then, load the ISO image into USB thumb drive using UNetbootin.
What You Need
- UNetbootin, the free software.
- Empty USB thumb drive with 4GB minimum size.
- The computer equipped with CD / DVD drive.
- Windows Vista DVD.
Before The Procedures
- Download the UNetbootin program from its developer’s website.
- You need to do the following procedures first, before proceeding in making your USB thumb drive as Windows Vista installer.
Now, I assume that you had strictly follow the steps listed under Before The Procedures and have the ISO image file for Windows Vista DVD.
- Attach the empty USB thumb drive into your computer’s USB port.
- Launch UNetbootin program.
- Based on above, click radio button Diskimage –-> click button --> another window will pop–up like below.
- Locate the ISO image of Windows Vista DVD that you had created –-> click button Open.
- Make sure all parameters such as Type: and Drive: is correct –-> click OK
- Wait until the UNetbootin program finish loading the ISO image into USB thumb drive –-> without pull out the thumb drive from computer USB port, click button Reboot Now.
- Try to boot your computer through USB thumb drive to see the result. Make sure you turn your USB thumb drive as first boot device in computer BIOS.